RSS

Stone

10 Mar

100_1262In rage and disbelief, I followed them, my Nikon capturing irrefutable proof for my client. A stone’s throw ahead, the faithless husband paused and passionately claimed my wife’s willing mouth with his own.

Ever a glutton for punishment, I’m pushing the minimalist limits by accepting Trifecta‘s weekend challenge, the Trifextra for week 58. The instructions were simple…write a 33-word story featuring the word “stone,” using any definition of the word. Constructive feedback is appreciated!

Advertisements

12 Comments

Posted by on March 10, 2013 in Fiction, Sunday Best

Tags:

12 responses to “Stone

1. Latitudes of a Day

March 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Oh my! This is nice, but I’m confused. Is the photographer the client too?

• dreaminofobx

March 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM

No, the male photographer (private investigator) has a female client, but their spouses are involved with each other. At least that’s what I intended!

• Latitudes of a Day

March 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Thanks for the insight. I still like the writing.

2. atrm61

March 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM

This is so cool-one of my favs :-)Loved the twist-definitely did not expect it & was wondering why he is angry when he is just doing it for his client-what a painful revelation!Cool pic too.An excellent piece of writing:-)

• dreaminofobx

March 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Thank you! I’m glad you understood the twist…it was a challenge to incorporate that in so few words.

• atrm61

March 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Yes,it is always difficult with only 33 words,but you made it very clear with such few words-excellent:-)loved it!

3. robbowrites

March 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Very clever, I love this!

4. jannatwrites

March 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I had to read it a couple times to get the twist…and then, OH MY! Talk about a personal investment in a job. Of course, my mind can’t leave it alone, and I’m curious as to whether he knew his wife was involved with the client’s husband when he agreed to take the job 🙂

5. Draug419

March 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM

What a tangled tale of love. Great little twist!

6. trifectawriting

March 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Wicked twist.

7. whimsygizmo

March 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Oh, my. NICE. That’s a whole lot to have captured with 33 words. Excellent twist. And that verb “claimed” is so strong. Awesome job!

8. KymmInBarcelona